Translate

Sunday 3 April 2016

Paranormal Lockdown 1.5 "Hinsdale House"

Hinsdale House was exactly the sort of location that gives me the shivers, it was unnerving and even before the investigation started and the clock ticked on the lockdown, knew it would be an eventful 72 hours.  I have to hand it to Nick for his dedication and willingness to see this through, even when he said he had a 'dream' before he got here.  The girl warning him.  As Tony Spera rightly said, demonic presences as we know, present themselves in any form and most usually girls.  Even the EVPs were warning to 'Get Out.'

Here's a first typing this, my mind's drawn a blank and I have no idea what to write next!!!  I never get writer's block!! Ever!  Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that I'm writing it between 'Devil's hour' of 3am, but I don't think so as it's not the first time I've done that.

That was a woman's voice on Katrina's recorder and sounds like she says "yes" when Katrina asks "was that you that who just said something?" "Where's Nick" was very audible too.  As for the "There's no heaven" EVP, was that more of a response to Nick asking he needs to know what happens after you die.

I said that about Nick's eyes they didn't look like his at all and Katina wasn't there until later, when she also said that too when she returns to the house.
Sorry don't wanna creep anyone out!

Also when he went down the stairs for the first time, it looked as though his camera was out of focus, or he wasn't focusing it properly.  And Nick's scream, reinforcing this place was worse than bad and so very evil, cos never have I heard Nick scream like that, or at all.  Like he was genuinely distressed. Didn't think of it as a way to bring Katrina back to the house, which is exactly what she did and should have done.  Is there some sort of a voice at 37.54, can't hear it clearly cos of the music, but it's not the music of the show, but sounds like a mumbling, "mphh" sound.

What also struck me was how Rob arrived to wake Nick up this time round and he looked drained, so he wouldn't have got much sleep, but he wasn't able to get up either.

Most of you will have seen Hinsdale House featured in A Haunting episode Dark Forest, but a 'live' lockdown in real time was just as creepy but even more so since we could actually see the events taking place before our eyes.  This by far has go to be one of the most ambitious and dangerous lockdown undertaken by both Nick and Katrina.  I wonder if Katrina spent more time in the woods, not only to lure out whatever was there and direct it towards Nick, but also to give him  a bit of room to carry out the investigation alone, thus yielding more results, which it certainly did!

What I also liked about this episode was that we were actually told on film/camera what happened to Nick after the investigation and also at his home.  It's all good and well mentioning it like other shows do, but only when we get to see it, without being too intrusive, do we really get to see how horrific and prolific those lasting effects can be.  I don't know about anyone else, but to me, it's like experiencing it firsthand and personally, that's how I felt it.  Hope Nick's fully recovered from it and especially after his cleansing.

The last episode of season 1 is Kreischer Mansion, it's being billed as a "season finale" and not series finale, hoping the show will be renewed, as I keep saying a lot I know!!

No comments: